Successful candidates will coordinate on-site logistics for meetings and special events of various sizes. This position serves as an on-site liaison between sales, account management, clients and contracted vendors for all facets of assigned programs and events. A Contract Travel Director may be contracted for a period of time for several onsite projects or on a per project basis, depending on the needs at the time of contract initiation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
Onsite Services (responsible for one or more of the following items)
- Travel onsite as directed by CADENCE and required by the meeting sponsor
- Serve as lead representative for suppliers and client
- Manage arrival and departure transfers
- Oversee room check-ins and assist if issues arise
- Ensure food and beverage is delivered to functions on time and as ordered
- Staff hospitality desk answering questions and assist with attendee needs
- Assist attendees with mobile application and issue event alerts and notifications through event application
- Update, navigate and manage CVENT registration on-site as needed
- Act as human arrow directing attendees to appropriate function space
- Oversee on-site and off-site activities and functions
- Assist with attendee event materials and gift distribution
- Oversee Audio/Visual equipment set-up for accuracy
- Oversee DMC set-up
- Manage luggage storage on departure day
- Liaise with décor companies for on-time delivery and set-up
- Manage VIP and Speaker needs
- Collaborate with client for successful event execution
- Reconcile vendor bills daily, meet with vendor on final program day to finalize accounting and provide a final accounting worksheet at the end of the program to CADENCE accounting team
- Contract Travel Director may also perform other duties as the parties hereto may from time to time agree upon.
Transferable Skills (Competencies):
- Capability of thinking innovatively, strategically and conceptually.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to converse with all levels of personnel.
- Competency to maintain positive vendor relationships, establishing, developing, and maintaining trust and loyalty.
- Ability to select last minute suppliers if needed. Systematically identifying qualified suppliers to fill project openings, taking into consideration project requirements, organizational readiness, changing dynamics, and legal requirements.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, developing strategies and action plans and implementing goals and objectives.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Ability to maximize profitability while minimizing costs
- Successful negotiating skills.
- Capability of problem solving - Anticipating, initiating and resolving issues.
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- CMP certification preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in on-site logistics for corporate meetings, incentives and/or special events
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in client management
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing outside vendors and negotiating services
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- CVENT Event Management proficiency preferred
- Crowd Compass Mobile Application experience preferred