Cadence has a unique opportunity for an experienced, talented and motivated travel agent to join our corporate team as both a corporate and group air agent. There is flexibility for this full-time position to fulfilled in our La Jolla office (within the greater San Diego area), remotely, or via a combination of the two.
Complete and communicate business travel arrangements by fulfilling air, hotel and other transportation requests to the end of optimized spend, seamless travel and first-class service for every client.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Booking air, hotel, rail, car and other transportation reservations.
- Providing price quotes for proposed itineraries.
- Applying and promoting the acceptance of fares, rates, and suppliers that match clients’ travel program policies, negotiated contracts, and preferred Cadence suppliers.
- Applying discount programs accordingly.
- Managing airline group blocks and deviations on group blocks.
- Running QC mini-itineraries and arrival/departure manifests.
- Seeing group air processes through QC and final accounting stages.
- Setting exemplary client relations standards by maintaining prompt response times and always communicating professionally and courteously.
- Keeping abreast of airline rules, regulations and current affairs and communicating relevant changes accordingly.
- Meeting service level goals related to phone and email etiquette, quality, and productivity.
- Maintaining client profiles as necessary (including updates to reward program information).
- Daily monitoring, sorting and working of GDS queues to maintain quality control.
- Participating in team conference calls and meetings as scheduled.
- 5+ years corporate travel consultant/agent experience.
- EXCEPTIONAL customer service skills.
- Proficiency with Sabre GDS.
- Knowledge of ticketing procedures for airline, hotel and car rental systems.
- General Internet research skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to work independently, exercising discretion and judgment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Ability to maintain work volume and quality consistent with peers.
- Ability to work under the stress of and meet productivity standards and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Open-mindedness, flexibility and a team-oriented attitude in welcoming additional duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, as requested.