Manager, Leisure Travel • Host Agency Division
Position: Manager, Leisure Travel
Department: Host Agency Services
Reports to: Director, Host Agency Services
The manager of Leisure Travel is responsible for the productivity, efficiency and quality of work of all leisure agents. The Manager is responsible for all agent training needs to ensure that all leisure agents have the skill and knowledge necessary to perform their jobs well. The Manager oversees the distribution of work among the agents (handling a portion of the workload himself/herself each day), establishes and enforces internal policies, and reports to the Director of Host Agency Services on individual agent performance and overall team health.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the distribution of work flowing through the Host Agency department on a daily basis to optimize responsiveness and client care while minimizing overtime and contract help;
- Assign agents to specific clients;
- Book leisure travel for clients;
- Handle in-house leisure bookings for VIP, Corporate and M&I clients;
- Manage a central calendar (requests for time off, FAM trips, etc.);
- Coordinate agent shifts and own shift to ensure needed coverage;
- Work from the main company office at least 3 days per week;
- Attend weekly managerial meetings;
- Lead weekly leisure agent meeting;
- Attend additional meetings (including vendor meetings) as needed;
- Use existing mechanisms to monitor, record and report on agent and team work;
- Contribute to the development of improved mechanisms for above functions;
- Provide constructive feedback to agents as necessary (on an ongoing basis) and at formal quarterly reviews;
- Make recommendations to the Director of Host Agency regarding individual and team work capacity;
- Participate in the selection process for any leisure agent positions;
- Manage emergency contact availability for after-hour consultation;
- Maintain an awareness of each leisure agent’s general wellbeing and attitude toward job and company.
- 5+ years leisure travel consultant/agent experience.
- EXCEPTIONAL customer service skills.
- Expert-level proficiency with Sabre GDS.
- Knowledge of ticketing procedures for airline reservation systems.
- Experience with airline, car & hotel contracts.
- General Internet research skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Genuine LOVE for the world of travel.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, clients and vendors.
- Ability to work independently, exercising discretion and judgment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Ability to maintain work volume and quality consistent with peers.
- Ability to work under the stress of and meet productivity standards and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Open-mindedness, flexibility and a team-oriented attitude in welcoming additional duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, as requested.