Business Development • Meetings + Incentives Division
Position: Business Development, Meetings + Incentive Travel
Department: Meetings + Incentive Travel
We are seeking to fill a role in business development for our growing Meetings + Incentive Travel Division. The ideal candidate has a proven sales experience in the meeting, event and incentives industry and will succeed in developing, pursuing, growing and closing sales.
General Function/Job Purpose:
Develop, pursue, grow and close sales for Meetings + Incentive Travel Division.
- Responsible for meeting sales goals quarterly and yearly
- Responsible for identifying and implementing key strategies and action steps that will achieve sales goals
- Work with marketing to target and solicit desired business opportunities
- Conduct active prospecting efforts that continue to build the opportunity pipeline
- Maintain client details and prospect activity in Salesforce
- Research and gain knowledge on new and relevant M&I topics, technologies, destinations, etc.
- Create customized solutions based on customer needs and partner with operations to price accordingly. (airfare, ground transportation, hotel accommodations, tours, meals, activities, etc.)
- Prepare proposals and execute contract negotiation
- Responsible for building relationship with vendors
- Attend and represent company at industry events
- Liaise with Operations – Meetings and Incentives
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
- Minimum of 5 years experience in meetings and incentives sales management and a proven sales record.
- Experience with SMM desired
- A strong book of business and the ability to strategically partner with clients
- Excellent knowledge of hotels/venues and destinations
- Strong sales skills (prospecting, sales process and negotiation skills)
- Ability to communicate, present and influence effectively at the executive and c-level
- Previous exposure/experience in the travel industry
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; self-motivated, ability to multi-task, strong work ethic.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Collaborative approach to working with internal and external teams
- Active or past involvement within industry related organizations
- Ability to be nimble in changing environment or changing duties
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills including in-person sales presentations
- Some travel required including nights and weekends