Sourcing Specialist • Meetings + Incentives Division
The Sourcing Specialist role is responsible for creation of travel program RFPs, hotel and venue sourcing, hotel and venue contract negotiation, account/stakeholder management, travel program design and consultation, third-party supplier relations and any additional travel program or client-specific need in relation to pre-sale travel opportunities. A successful Sourcing Specialist should be able to implement an overall program negotiation strategy to achieve the most favorable terms to support the specific needs of the client or travel program while effectively maximizing client savings and minimizing risk to the end user wherever possible.
The Sourcing Specialist works closely with Sales and Business Development, Account Managers, Program Managers & Attendee Management in addition to direct relationships with Clients, Hotels, and Third-Party Suppliers.
This is a full-time position
Cadence La Jolla Office preferred, virtual considered
Essential Duties and Responsibilities may include and are not limited to the following:
Hotel and Venue Sourcing - 80% of time
- Responsible for scheduling and execution of program qualifying calls with clients and appropriate team members.
- Hotel/Destination research and qualification based on client specifications.
- Creates and sends travel program RFP’s through Cvent Supplier Network.
- Reviews and evaluates supplier responses to ensure travel program needs are met, specifications are clear, proposed function space and room blocks are appropriately assigned, etc.
- Communicates hotel/venue availability to client through detailed and vetted availability report or preferred method of communication. Availability to include hotel/venue recommendations specific to client’s goals and objectives.
- Negotiates hotel/venue contracts and prepares for client signature. Negotiations include rates, concessions, space, and preferred terms and conditions.
- Assists with program re-negotiations, attrition or cancellation negotiations and contract interpretation, as needed.
- Coordinates and plans property/destination pre-sale site inspections, as needed.
- Creates program budget and work order based on program specifications and negotiated hotel contract.
Proposal Development & Sales Support
- Supports Sales & Account Management by creating program-specific proposals.
- Proposal responsibilities include but are not limited to: researching destinations, sourcing hotels/venues, gathering information and pricing for destination-specific activities and venues, requesting air analysis, and creating estimated proposal budgets.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on destinations, hotels/venues, and air lift.
- Develops and fosters effective and positive working relationships with industry partners including hotels, CVBs, DMCs, and other vendors.
- Responsible for scheduling supplier/vendor visits and presentations.
- Attends and participates in local industry and hotel events.
- Travel to industry event(s) and/or educational/Familiarization trip opportunities as approved by management to further develop global product knowledge
- Responsible for regularly utilizing and updating all company technologies including Cvent, Salesforce, and time tracking system.
- Responsible for organization and auditing of all files related to sourcing and proposal development.
- Strong time management skills to ensure timely deliverables.
- Ability to multitask and deliver results in a nebulous environment.
- Advanced solutions-oriented problem solving skills that drive innovation and creative thinking.
- Strong attention to detail and financial acumen.
- Advanced technical ability related to existing and emerging travel-related technology and tools.
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills with the ability to effectively communicate across disciplines, both internally and externally.
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
- CMP certification or other industry certifications preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in sourcing, planning corporate meetings, incentives and/or special events, hotel sales or onsite operation of travel-related programs.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in client/stakeholder management.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing outside vendors, sourcing and negotiating contract services.
- Intermediate to Advanced ability in Microsoft Office applications.
- CVENT Supplier Network and Event Management proficiency preferred.
- Ability to travel when requested, required.
- Bachelor's degree
- Client Stakeholder Mgmt: 5 years
- Hotel Sourcing: 2 years
- meeting and event sourcing: 5 years
Required license or certification:
- CMP preferred