Four incredible Zegrahm Expeditions land adventures for 2019
For over 25 years, Zegrahm Expeditions has taken inquisitive travelers to the ends of the earth. From Morocco to Guyana, here are four 2019 exotic itineraries to swoon over.
In Search of Snow Leopards
February 8, 2019
Survey the magical Himalayas in search of the elusive snow leopard with Zegrahm Expeditions! These beautiful creatures are on many animal lovers’ bucket lists, but the famed “grey ghosts” are just the beginning of the wildlife you’ll search for along the slopes of the Ulley Valley on the In Search of Snow Leopards expedition.
- Join veteran expedition leader and ornithologist, Mark Brazil, to seek out unique Himalayan wildlife.
- Explore alongside a group of no more than 12 fellow travelers.
- Spend five full days tracking snow leopards, as well as ibex, blue sheep, marmots, and Himalayan wolves.
- Enjoy superb mountain views and traditional home cooking at the Snow Leopard Lodge, situated in the remote Ulley Valley.
- Photograph the rugged grandeur of the Himalayas—sunrise and sunset are especially magical.
- Search for a variety of birds, including golden eagles, Chukar partridges, and bearded vultures.
Minarets & Medinas of Morocco
April 20 & September 14, 2019
Lying at the crossroads of Europe and Africa, Morocco beckons you to a world where the exotic seems commonplace – the French Foreign Legion, Berber tribesmen, mysterious Tuareg ‘blue men.’ A land where camels search the dunes for oases and the muezzin’s call to prayer echoes across city rooftops. Alongside Zegrahm’s expert Travel Director and local guides, visit four imperial cities, indulge in luxurious accommodations, and mingle with friendly locals.
- Explore the Roman ruins of Volubilis and dine on ancient Roman recipes paired with local wines.
- Sip traditional Moroccan mint tea in the home of a Berber family in the High Atlas Mountains.
- Spend two full days in magical Marrakech, famous for its intact medieval architecture and bustling souks, packed with vendors touting everything from fresh produce to high-quality leather goods.
- Visit the highlights of cosmopolitan Casablanca, including the impressive Hassan II Mosque.
- Enjoy independent meals at restaurants of your choice with the generous Dine-Around Program.
April 23, 2019
One of Africa’s premier safari destinations, Zegrahm’s exciting Botswana safari is timed perfectly at the beginning of the dry season when large concentrations of animals gather around the shrinking water sources. Highlights include exploring a variety of habitats, from open plains to mopane woodland where you’ll find lions, giraffes, elephants, kudus, impalas, springboks, jackals, and much more.
- Savor game drives, night safaris, ranger-guided bush walks, and mokoro (dugout canoe) cruises.
- Enjoy fantastic photography and game viewing during the beginning of the dry season, when large concentrations of animals gather around the shrinking water sources.
- Experience a wide variety of habitats from open plains and mopane woodland to the lush landscapes of the Okavango Delta.
- Stay in intimate camps in some of Botswana’s most remote protected areas to experience true African wilderness.
October 30, 2019
Combine pristine nature with rustic adventure as you explore the rainforest, rivers and savanna of Guyana! Intrepid travelers searching for “undiscovered” wildlife frontiers are sure to enjoy Wild Guyana.
- Search for rare and endangered species, such as giant anteaters, black caimans, harpy eagles, giant river otters and the elusive jaguar.
- Witness the awesome power of Kaieteur Falls, the world’s largest single-drop waterfall by volume.
- Enjoy spectacular birding—over 600 species have been recorded in the Karanambu alone!
- Savor a chef-led tour of Bourda Market and sampling exotic local produce.
- Tour Georgetown, Guyana’s charming capital city.
- Stay in remote wilderness areas, including the Surama Eco-Lodge, an inspiring eco-tourism project that is owned and operated by the indigenous Macushi tribe.
To plan the details of your exotic Zegrahm Expeditions 2019 adventure, get in touch! We love helping turn travel dreams into realities.