Group Air Agent, Temporary Full-Time • Meetings + Incentives Division
Position: Group Air Travel Agent
Department: Meetings & Incentives
Reports to: Group Air Manager
Location: La Jolla, CA. or Virtual
THIS IS A FULL-TIME TEMPORARY POSITION. HOURS MAY VARY BY WEEK.
NOVEMBER 1 – MARCH 1: UP TO 40 HOURS PER WEEK, OVERTIME POSSIBLE
POSITION MAY INCLUDE SATURDAYS.
San Diego, CA – Cadence La Jolla Office. Virtual will be considered.
Work will need to be performed during normal and expanded business hours of Cadence and from the Cadence Office, including occasional Saturdays as scheduled.
Booking air, hotel, rail, car and other transportation reservations.
Providing price quotes for proposed itineraries.
Applying and promoting the acceptance of fares, rates, and suppliers that match clients’ travel program policies, negotiated contracts, and preferred Cadence suppliers.
Applying discount programs accordingly.
Managing airline group blocks and deviations on group blocks.
Running QC mini-itineraries and arrival/departure manifests.
Seeing group air processes through QC and final accounting stages.
Setting exemplary client relations standards by maintaining prompt response times and always communicating professionally and courteously.
Keeping abreast of airline rules, regulations and current affairs and communicating relevant changes accordingly.
Meeting service level goals related to phone and email etiquette, quality, and productivity.
Maintaining client profiles as necessary (including updates to reward program information).
Daily monitoring, sorting and working of GDS queues to maintain quality control.
Participating in team conference calls and meetings as scheduled.
· 5+ years corporate travel consultant/agent experience.
· EXCEPTIONAL customer service skills.
· Proficiency with Sabre GDS.
· Knowledge of ticketing procedures for airline, hotel and car rental systems.
· General Internet research skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
· Ability to work independently, exercising discretion and judgment.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
· Ability to maintain work volume and quality consistent with peers.
· Ability to work under the stress of and meet productivity standards and deadlines.
· Ability to work independently in the absence of supervision.
· Open-mindedness, flexibility and a team-oriented attitude in welcoming additional duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, as requested.