Wondering why your TSA Pre✓® doesn't work every time?
They say there are few things you can depend on in life, but expedited screening really should be one of them. Here are a few helpful suggestions on consistently getting selected for TSA Pre✓®.
1. Ensure your nine-digit Known Travel Number (KTN) is being entered when purchasing your plane ticket.
2. Even if you're using your frequent travel profile to book (and you've already saved your KTN to that profile), you'll still want to add your KTN when booking your reservation. Sometimes it isn't transferred for individual reservations.
3. If someone else is booking on your behalf (like a third party website or a travel management company), ensure they have access to your KTN number.
4. If your KTN is new and you've recently updated your frequent flyer profile, you may have to manually add your KTN for flights you booked beforehand. Oh- and if you alter an existing reservation, double check that your KTN has been transferred.
5. Be sure your name and birthdate registered for KTN match your airline ticket exactly. Even a missing middle name can disqualify you.
For more details, check out the original Outside Online article here, and ask your travel specialist to ensure you're updated in all the right places.