New Year's Resolution: become a "Registered Traveller" with the UK

Get through London Heathrow like a pro.

Get through London Heathrow like a pro.

The United Kingdom's version of a Known Traveler Number is a must for expedited screening. Apply for the "Registered Traveller" service to avoid filling out a landing card and get through UK border control faster.


You can apply if you’re 18 or over and you’re a national of Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand or the USA.

One of the following must also be true:

  • You’ve got a visa (but not a Tier 5 concession (Creative and sporting), EEA family permit, discretionary leave or leave outside the rules)
  • You’ve visited the UK 4 times in the last 52 weeks eg for business, education, tourism, education or medical treatment

You’ll be able to use the:

  • ePassport gates if you have a biometric passport
  • Faster entry lanes at East Midlands, Edinburgh, Gatwick, Glasgow, Heathrow, London City, Luton, Manchester and Stansted airports, and Brussels, Lille and Paris Eurostar terminals

It costs £70 ($76.38) to apply to use the service for 1 year. If your application is unsuccessful you’ll get £50 ($54.55) back.

If you’re already a member and you get a new passport, you’ll need to pay £20 ($21.82) to update your passport details. Updating your visa information is free. To begin, you'll need your passport number and expiry date and a debit or credit card. You’ll get a decision on your application within 10 working days.

Click here to get started.